It’s been a little over two months since I last blogged here. If you’re a long time reader, you know this happens sometimes. From time to time, my life life gets in the way of my writing about my life. But I always come back with promises that “it won’t happen again” and” I can change.” Basically you and I are in a virtual abusive relationship and I’m the abuser.
This isn’t a side of me that I like. So, I really am changing. For once I’m going to be honest.
It probably will happen again. In fact, lets just go ahead and say its definitely going to happen again. This blog is all about me trying to find balance in my life and, I think, a big part of that is admitting that sometimes I have zero balance. Sometimes, my life is a whirlwind of work, baby, house hunting, eating, sleeping, playing, walking, reading, feeding… you get the point. And, sometimes, writing for myself (and for you) is, sadly, not part of the whirlwind.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s do a bit of catching up, shall we?
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s been going on with me in the last two months.
1. Maternity leave ended and I’m a sad panda.
2. I don’t love daycare, but I don’t hate it either.
3. Going back to work doesn’t really work out. More about that later.
4. We start house hunting because a two bedroom townhouse actually is too small for two adults, a baby, and two large dogs. (Yes, Mom, you can say “I told you so.”) I’m super excited and then really really frustrated.
5. After looking at every.single.house in Lexington, we finally made an offer that was accepted. Yay! BUT THEN the inspection goes horribly. Sigh.
6. Stella makes her first trip out of state. To Memphis. Where I’m attend an intense two day long CLE.
7. I learn that an 8 hour drive with a baby is actually a two day long drive.
8. As a result of the the most intense humidity in the history of weather, I find out I have curly hair.
9. I discover I’m kind of a hippie when it comes to parenting.
10. I have my first Mother’s Day! And it’s awesome.
That’s the short story. In the coming days and weeks, I’ll post a bit more about some if this. Or more truthfully, I’ll try to post more. Baby steps.