I know most everyone has already done a year in review post. I wasn’t planning to do one because, well, I kind of hate year in review posts. I think they’re boring and repetitive because I’ve almost already read whatever the blogger is reviewing. But then I started thinking about 2012 and realized that I didn’t write about a lot of awesome things that happened to me over the past year. So, to kick off 2013 I’ve made a top 5 of 2012 list. Here we go!
5. S. turns 30 and we realize we’re adults. Or maybe that was just me. Seriously, though. Coming to the realization that you’re an adult is a little scary.
4. I started running regularly. I’ve wanted to be a runner for a while now, but never had the discipline (or patience) to actually do it. See, I’ve always been more of an elliptical or stair climber gal. Or really just any machine with a TV and in an air conditioned building. Spring 2012 I did it for real though. I started running. Outside even!
3. My job turned into my career. I’m not entirely sure when it happened, but sometime over the last year it did. My thinking about my work shifted and, honestly, it’s surprising and awesome.
2. I found a little but of balance in my life. Balance between the things I love to do and things I feel obligated to do. Notice I didn’t say the things I hate doing. I can’t think of anything that I truly hate doing, just things that I enjoy less because I’m obligated to do them.
1. We’re having a baby! This is something we’ve been waiting for for a while now and I’m so excited it’s finally happening!
Christmas 2012… Please ignore the bear dogs trying to escape.
All in all, 2012 was a pretty great year. Of course, it had its fair share of low points and those low points are going to stay with me into 2013 and 2014 and probably indefinitely. Regardless, the good outweighed the bad in 2012 and, really, what more can you ask for? Not much, I think. Of course, the dream is a year-and a life-full of only good, but that’s unrealistic. So, this year I’m looking forward to a year that’s more sweet than bitter!