Everyone always talks about the amazingly weird cravings they have during pregnancy. I haven’t had any really weird cravings (no pickles and ice cream here!), but I have had some pretty strong, one might even say irresistible, cravings. Here are my top five cravings in no particular order.
1. Chocolate: I’m not usually a huge fan of chocolate. I mean, I like it, but I usually don’t crave it. Until now. I’ve been craving dark chocolate, which I don’t usually even like that much. I’ve not really been giving into this particular craving that often, but when I do I just have a piece of a chocolate bar.
2. Spinach: I always like spinach, so that’s not a huge surprise, but I want it at least 3 times a week these days. How have I been satisfying this? Well, I’ve been making smoothies and adding a handful of spinach in. I’ve also been making Italian Egg Drop Soup and having a lot of spinach salads.
3. Black Beans: Pretty much in any way possible. Black bean salsa dip, black bean chili, black bean tacos, black bean soup. Love. Them. And cannot get enough.
4. Guacamole: I’ve been eating this like crazy. As a dip, on sandwiches, in soup…
5. Watermelon: There’s not much to say about this. I’ve been eating at least one baby watermelon a week by myself. I’m really hoping that all this super hot weather we’ve had this year means the watermelon season will last forever, because if there’s one thing that’s really gross it’s out-of-season watermelon.
6. Sharp Cheddar: I know, I know. I said this was a list of my top 5 cravings. As it turns out, I have 6. I can’t stop eating sharp cheddar cheese. Really the sharper the better. I usually pair this with granny smith apple slices, but it’s not unusual for me to just eat slice.
As I was typing this list, I realized I haven’t blogged a lot of these recipes yet. I’m shocked since most of these are my favorite recipes in general. So, expect a lot of recipe posts in the coming weeks!
Did you, or anyone you know, have weird cravings while pregnant?